ABOUT WESTERN MICHIGAN HFMA
Western Michigan HFMA is one chapter of a large national organization that aims to educate healthcare finance professionals. Our membership covers a variety of people, from controllers at health systems to large consulting firms, from banks and investment firms to collection agency personnel. We all gather together several times per year to learn how to best collaborate and work together in this complicated world we call healthcare finance.
HFMA will bring value to the industry as the leading organization for healthcare finance.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Leading the financial management of healthcare
Quality is the foundation of the Association an the keystone of its efforts to ensure member and customer satisfaction. HFMA's objective is to:
- Consistently provide services and products that meet the quality expectations of its members, customers and employees.
- Actively pursue a program of continuous quality improvement that enables employees and volunteers to do their jobs right the first time.
- Quality is a major, strategic association goal. It lies at the heart of everything done for members and customers. HFMA strives continually to improve the quality of services and products offered, the processes and procedures used to produce them, and the manner in which they are delivered.
- We believe that service to members is our highest priority.
- We believe in excellence in all that we do.
- We believe that teamwork is essential in meeting the objectives of HFMA.
- We believe in the importance of individuals.
- We believe in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- We believe in conducting HFMA with financial responsibility and a prudent approach to business.
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, I will endeavor to promote the highest standards of professional conduct by:
- Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Striving for the objective and fair presentation of financial information.
- Fostering excellence in healthcare financial management by keeping abreast of pertinent issues.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Promoting a greater understanding of financial management issues by others in the healthcare field, and seeking increased public understanding through communication about such issues.
- Seeking to maintain a reasonable balance between the quality and cost of healthcare.
HFMA's STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
The following is HFMA's statement on diversity:
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) values and respects diversity. Individual differences are viewed as assets that promote the growth and success of HFMA and its members. In principle and in practice, HFMA encourages and supports diverse individual viewpoints and contributions. HFMA believes that a diverse membership is a quality membership.